Rodeo

From a young age, I have spend my summers competing in rodeos as a barrel racer. My entire family would pack up the trailer and head somewhere new in the province. Rodeo taught me so much about the person I am and who I want to be. It taught me what hard work and dedication really is. Rodeoing was such a great time spent with my family, friends and horses. I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to compete all around our beautiful  province and throughout Canada and the United States.

Gardening

I absolutely LOVE to be outside enjoying nature and my garden. Every year that I have been able to, I plant a huge garden. There is something so satisfying about growing your own food and learning about what each type of plant needs to succeed.

Skiing

I love to spend my winters skiing! Sun Peaks has become my home away from home as most of the winter is spent enjoying the slopes. Every year I try to get better and closer to my goal of going heli skiing.

Devick’s Ranch

I am lucky enough to live on a 1200 acre ranch. My fiancé works on the ranch and we both really enjoy living in such a beautiful area. I spend my days hiking, horse backing riding and exploring the ranch. I love spending time out in the fields with all the baby calves in the spring.

Kamloops Classic Swimming

I have had the opportunity to volunteer for Kamloops Classic Swimming as an official swim meet timer. I sit poolside all day timer each swimmer that enters the lane I am responsible for. The environment at a swim meet is electrifying. I love watching swimmers of all ages get excited and prepared for their swim. I think competition is so powerful and truly brings out something different in people. I love watching the swimmers reaction when they see what their time was and if they beat a personal record. It puts a smile on my face seeing kids of all ages work so hard for something.